(I have been delinquent in updating this blog, so this entry is what I could have written in August last year)
After finishing my month-long backpacking trip, a friend asked me what life lesson I learned. I had to think about that (Life lesson?!! Wasn't it just for fun?!!).
My reply:
(1) have a general idea of where you want to go, and
(2) always have some form of guide with you.
And now that I think about it some more, I would add:
(3) if things don't work out as planned, suck it up and deal with it. "You can never can tell" things might turn out for the better.To quote Monty Python, "always look on the briiight siiide of life" (this sort of became the trip song whenever anything went wrong).
Whether for life in general or travel, it ain't a bad idea to remind yourself of these things.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment