Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sleepy in Seattle

Despite the highly available coffee, in the city that gave birth to Starbucks, I was always sleepy during the two and something weeks I spent in the area. But maybe that's to do with jetlag, mixed with 12 hour work days, and really weak over-rated coffee.

But. I did have a nice time. I like Seattle; it's a nice, compact city, and has a good vibe; the people are nice and laid-back and end work at a very reasonable 5 pm; and how can I not like a city that produced Nirvana and Pearl Jam.



The highlights: great seafood, unexpectedly good local wine, Pike Place Market, Experience Music Project (and being a rockstar for 5 minutes), Seattle Art Museum, Dahlia Bakery on 4th Avenue, Salty's (both branches, Alki Way and Redondo, but the Alki Way one wins hands down for the view), sunny days when you can clearly see Mount Rainier.

Next, the not-so-highlights: over-rated coffee, the rain. That's pretty much it.

All in all, a great city, but I don't think I'd be able to stand the 80%-of-the-time rainy conditions.

7 comments:

the arts and crafts experiment said...

this sounds like a lovely place, soozee! i think i will love it with the 80%-of-the-time rainy conditions!

glad your back :-)

SooZeeWooZee said...

well, it was a lovely place. i'm sure you'd have loved it. :)

good to be back.

Anonymous said...

i love your photos soozee...

SooZeeWooZee said...

teynks, maya bird :D

malatemail said...

i saw your photos on kodakgallery. ang saya saya! my kano seatmate also saw it and said he missed seattle. hehe!

SooZeeWooZee said...

masaya talaga! maula lang :)

Unknown said...

hi suzi!! sarap naman, all the traveling u do! have not seen u yet though.. we should all get together again.. soon! let me lose weight lang ha? ang taba ko eh! hehehehe