Tuesday, August 07, 2007

When Living Alone Sucks

I have gotten used to living alone. Relish it in fact. I like having the place to myself; I like being able to do anything I want; I like not living according to anyone's rules. But once in a while, I am remineded that living by yourself is not all that great.

One of those moments happened yesterday.

I was working from home. In the middle of the afternoon, while experiencing mild cramps of the female kind, I had to inexplicably regurgitate whatever I ate. On my way to the kitchen, I almost fainted. Realizing what was happening (I am an experienced fainter after all), I got myself to bed, and by then, I was suffering from one of the most excruciating pains known to womankind. After a few minutes, I tried to stand up again, and almost fainted again.

It was at this moment, stuck in bed, that I wished I was back home and I could yell out to my mom or one of my siblings for help. I called my friends instead. malatemail ends her work day early, so she was the first logical choice, except she wasn't picking up (but, still thanks for checking up on me!). Next up was K, who usually works from home too; he was my savior for the day.

I still like living alone, despite the obvious drawbacks. But I am lucky and thankful that I do have friends to turn to when living alone sucks.

7 comments:

and anyway said...

I can imagine your mom freaking out if she ever gets to read this entry! but yeah, back when I was in good ol' Wai Yuen, I was always scared of getting so sick and not having anyone around to help. Fortunately you moved in! Hahaha! Nah, but seriously, neighbors and even friendly guards or whatever do help give you a sense of security. Oh and make sure you program your speed dial 1 :-)

Anonymous said...

ey suzette,

nausea, vomiting, dizziness... hmmm, are you sure you ain't pregnant ?

nah just kidding. feel free to call if this thing recurs.

caesar

SooZeeWooZee said...

hehe, you know my mom so well. curiously enough she doesn't bug me about what i do when i get sick. she usually bugs me about what i eat.


dcotor/kuya caesar, thanks, might take you up on that and ask you for drugs :D

the arts and crafts experiment said...

kiben is the hero of the day! :-D if this happens next month (knock on wood), just call. i could be home. take care, soozee!

~shahida

Unknown said...

im glad ur ok suzi... i can imagine that u-know it's-happening-fainting spell, as i too almost fainted, while on the treadmill, pregnant with carmen argghhhh... i was so scared because there were just old women with me in the gym that day, and i was not sure if they can even speak english...

hmmm take care suzi.. ok to ring me too.. as i now work from home as well.. :-) cheers..

Unknown said...

this may be late but i just need to let you know that you can call me anytime if you need help.

SooZeeWooZee said...

likewise, maan, likewise. thanks for stopping by; i know it's hard to wean yourself away from facebook, hehehe